Friday, February 20, 2009

House hunting

Belated happy hearts day everyone! For the past couple of months we've been busy looking around, finding for our possible new home. We didn't limited our search in Brossard but visited nearby area like La Prairie, St. Hubert, Greenfield Park and Longueuil. House hunting is fun yet stressful. We are not in a hurry but everything happened so fast. We've seen houses of different styles, bungalow, two storey, split level, semi-detached.. and after careful consideration of it's value including location, community and accessibility, we've finally decided to get the house at C section of Brossard, this is the golf course area in Brossard and is now under development.

We've seen a lot of houses in that area including condominiums. My husband once loved a house in La Prairie but the area is not like Brossard, the accessibility and location is not good. So since I'm still on the way of learning to drive and it would be a hassle to take public transpo, we've agreed to stay in Brossard. We are accustomed to this area and we feel that this is really our home. This area is good for children and young families like us. Compared to the other cities in Quebec or Montreal, Brossard is not crowded. Some said that they didn't like the South Shore area because of the Champlain bridge, but for me and those living in the South Shore, they never know how we feel since they are not living here. Each day I'm traveling , that bridge serves as my relaxation. Who wouldn't be amazed of the magnificent view of the St. Lawrence river and downtown Montreal as the backdrop? In the morning, the sun rays added reflection and change the color of the river and the buildings around the river becomes as precious as sparkling gold. At night, it is totally different. The lights of the buildings and darkness pleased the eyes of a passerby.

So, now we are in the process of documentation and we've agreed to move at the end of May. This will be our 1st year here in Canada. How time flies! Have a great week to all.

7 comments:

Eileen said...

Congats on your new home! Post pics once you've settled in okay! :)

Abu Zunnur said...

This place sounds great, so peaceful and natural. I wish you happiness in your new home, and hope that you'll get your driving license soon :)

Anonymous said...

Hi i am pradeep i read your article and it is really cool and awesome. Your Blog seem to be cool and has a Good theme too...This is my FIRST entry in having a blog I want to make new friends from all over the country and share my new experiences that i am going to have in my upcoming whole life.I think we can share everything and know more about each other….PLEASE HELP ME IN MAKING YOU AS MY FRIEND….hahaha… :lol:i have added your link kindly visit my blog and add my link.My url is pradeep3100.wordpress.com

Gorgeous MUM said...

Dropping by from a rainy day in Brisbane!

love4ever said...

Hi this is sonali and i am new to blogging and i read your articles it was really good i wanto be a follower of ur blog and i have added ur blog in my bloglist.kindly visit my site and if u can add my link in ur blog list.my url is http://sonali-luv4ever.blogspot.com/

Stephie Cruz said...

Hello!

I run across your blog and thought of sending you this email.

I'm Anne Stephanie Cruz, and I work for www.ownadaycare.com It's a site dedicated to giving useful information and advice to people who are passionate about having their own daycare business - but don't know where or how to start.

Anyhow, I was wondering if I might be able to do a guest post on your blog. It can just be a short article about child care, parenting and daycare, setting up a daycare center - its many and varied requirements - such as licensing, supplies, staffing - or really anything that you might suggest as well.

Please let me know what you think. Thanks in advance and I look forward to hearing from you.


Sincerely Yours,

Anne Stephanie Cruz
www.ownadaycare.com

Steph@Ownadaycare.com

Stephie Cruz said...

Hi Yvelle!

I'm Anne Stephanie Cruz, one of your blog followers. I work for www.ownadaycare.com, it's a site dedicated to giving useful information and advice to people who are passionate about having their own daycare business - but don't know where or how to start.

Anyhow, I sent you this email to ask if you would consider having me write a guest post on your blog. It can just be a short article about child care, parenting and daycare, setting up a daycare center - or really anything that you might find interesting.

Please let me know what you think. Thanks in advance!


Sincerely Yours,

Anne Stephanie Cruz
www.ownadaycare.com

Steph@Ownadaycare.com